Charity Nomination Process
At least one month before each Giving Circle, we will announce a call for nominations. Nominations may be made by any member in Good Standing*. Members may nominate as many charities as they want. For Teams, only one nomination per charity per Team is permitted. A team is counted as one Member.
Online Nomination forms must be submitted at least three weeks prior to the Giving Circle meeting. A deadline will be set and adhered to. Nominees will be vetted using the Chapter Guidelines and all eligible charities will be included in a random draw for three finalists. A representative from each of the three charities will present at the next Giving Circle meeting. The organization selected by plurality vote, which means whoever has the most votes, will receive the donation on the night of the Giving Circle meeting and be asked to present at a future meeting on the impact of the contribution.
To be considered eligible, charities MUST:
- be Canadian,
- be based in Mississauga, and serve the Mississauga community,
- have a Charitable Registration Number,
- issue tax receipts for each individual donation,
- have an immediate, specific need,
- ensure 100% of our donation be applied to the need in question, and
- agree not to add donors to their email lists.
Please note: If a member of 100 Women Who Care Mississauga heads their own charity, they may not self-nominate. Another member may nominate on their behalf. The nominating member cannot be an employee of the charity.
The nomination process starts fresh each quarter. Please feel free to resubmit a charity for consideration if it was not selected. Charities that have received a group donation are ineligible for nomination for two years following receipt of the donation. Charities which have received a donation and are currently not eligible for nomination are The Compass Food Bank and Outreach (June 2022), Vita Centre (December 2022), Embrave: Agency to End Violence (March 2023), Lady Baller Camp (June 2023), and Armagh House. (November 2023).
*A member in Good Standing has completed the registration and commitment form and has made all of their required donations to date.
KEY DATES FOR Fall 2023
Mark your calendars with these important dates:
- Nominations Open: Monday, October 2
- Fall Info Session: Wednesday, October 11 (7:30 pm)
- Charity Nominations Close: Wednesday, October 18
- Charity Vetting Begins: Thursday, October 19
- Random Selection of Vetted Charities: November 1
- Fall Giving Circle: Wednesday, November 8 (7:30 pm) Event Details