Charity Nomination Process
One month before each Giving Circle, we will announce a call for nominations. Nominations may be made by any member in Good Standing*.
Online Nomination forms must be submitted at least three weeks prior to the Giving Circle meeting. A deadline will be set and adhered to. Nominees will be vetted using the Chapter Guidelines and all eligible charities will be included in a random draw for three finalists. A representative from each of the three charities will present at the next Giving Circle meeting. The organization selected by plurality vote, which means whoever has the most votes, will receive the donation on the night of the Giving Circle meeting and be asked to present at a future meeting on the impact of the contribution.
To be considered eligible, charities MUST:
- be Canadian,
- be based in Mississauga, and serve the Mississauga community,
- have a Charitable Registration Number,
- issue tax receipts for each individual donation,
- have an immediate, specific need,
- ensure 100% of our donation be applied to the need in question, and
- agree not to add donors to their email lists.
Please note: If a member of 100 Women Who Care Mississauga heads their own charity, they may not self-nominate. Another member may nominate on their behalf. The nominating member cannot be an employee of the charity.
The nomination process starts fresh each quarter. Please feel free to resubmit a charity for consideration if it was not selected. Charities that have received a group donation are ineligible for nomination for two years following receipt of the donation.
KEY DATES FOR Spring 2022
- Nominations Open: Monday, May 2nd
- Info. Session: Wednesday, May 11th (7:30 pm)
- Charity Nominations Close: Monday, May 16th
- Charity Vetting Begins: May 17th
- Random Selection of Vetted Charities: May 30th
- Quarter 2 Giving Circle Meeting: June 8th (7:30 pm)
*A member in Good Standing has completed the registration and commitment form for that calendar year and has made all of their required donations to date.
June 2021 Winning Charity – The DAM
On June 8th the Membership voted The DAM as the winner of our collective donation for spring 2021.
The DAM serves 3500 Mississauga youth each year, providing programming, mentoring, lunch & after school programs, and more.
Here is a lovely update/Thank You Letter from Carol Reist, Executive Director.